Thursday, April 14, 2011

Practice Makes Perfect

When I think about all of the reasons I decided to become vegetarian, I never have a doubt that it was the right decision for me. Recently, I have been doing more research into vegetarianism/veganism and it only confirms the choice I have made. During my 3 months as a vegetarian, I have "cheated" three times...which in my mind makes me a psuedo-vegetarian. I never changed my diet to be flexible in the meat eating department so I have seriously disappointed myself.

Why did I "cheat"? Sadly, I don't have a good reason. I don't feel like eating the chicken bbq was worth it, or the chicken strips for one dinner was forgivable. I wish I could go back in time and tell myself to stick with my choices and know that I made them for a reason. Hindsight is 20/20, right?

I can't beat myself up over those mistakes. All I can do is move forward and know that I'm not perfect. I made a mistake but I've learned and now I can move on. This next week, I am going to seriously look at my diet and nutrition and plan out my meals so I have no excuse to fall back on my old habits. Vegetarianism is new for me, so I understand that I am learning as I go. I am serious about this lifestyle choice so no more psuedo-change! I am a strict vegetarian!

No comments:

Post a Comment